The only way that “laws” or order is enforced is by guilds. Guilds make up the core of Taris economy. Being in one is useful, not being in one is usually not worth it. Each guild has its own by-laws and level of enforcement. Below you will find a list of some of the most prominent guilds.
- 1. The first guild is the artificers guild “The Builders of Creation”. This guild has maintained its position of number one since the creation of the city of Taris. They simple are the most power guild. The creation of magic items is something that many people can do, but the artificers are simply the best at it. The most well known member of the guild is easily the ancient gold dragon Zuvan “the sun”.
- 2. The second guild is a holy guild “One True Destiny”. Which god exactly this guild warships is unclear to outsiders. The leader of the guild, Elros Harp, is said to be a Demigod.
- 3. The Guild of Five Truths. A guild in charge of the section of the city known as Altdorf. Rumored to be run be a powerful wizard.
- 4. Silent Debt. A guild rumored to be run by assassins. Not much is publicly known about this guild.
- 5. The Family Zion. A very small guild in terms of number. The must have some real power though as no one seems willing to mess with them.
- 6. Blood Panic. This guild runs many of the citys arenas. They are slavers and tamers of monsters. If there is a organized fight they are behind it. The guild of five truths is said to be at odds with this guild.
- 7. The Tenth Stone.
- 8. Roadmans Journal. This guild focuses on travel. They own many of the sea going vessels in Taris. They also are very capable body guards.
- 9. Glimpse of Perfection. This membership of this guild is much more relaxed on its lower ranked members, in some situations they allow their members to join other guilds. The core of this guild is art and entertainment. If you wish to host the finest party this the guild you pay to pull it off.
- 10. The Recruiters. A guild whose sole purpose seems to be to find potential members for other guilds, relieving them of the costly, and messy, vetting process.
- 11. Ripple in a Pond. A guild who is very adamant that they deal with the small problems all too often ignored by the other guilds.